I am very passionate about my career as a teacher. Even after well over a decade in the profession, I am still highly motivated to this best job I can for my students. I never even considered the possibility of working from home. But then, after years and years of trying, I brought home a beautiful baby girl.
It is not that I am less passionate about teaching. Rather, it is very much the opposite. It is just that I cannot imagine leaving my little miracle baby every day. I know that many moms do it and not only that…working outside of the home actually makes them an even better parent. However, I would be a wreck. I know that I would suffer, my daughter would suffer, and my students would suffer. There had to be another option.
Becoming a Work at Home Mom
Thankfully, I was able to find a teaching position in which I can work from home I teach elementary school online. My students spend half of their days online with me and half of their days working through their Virtual Curriculum with their parent at home. This is the hardest teaching job I have ever had, but I have the cutest little teaching aid right by my side.
I am not going to lie. Working from home is hard. I put in way more hours than I ever did in the brick and mortar classroom setting. Plus, I have to do everything one-handed because I have this tiny person who also needs me. I wake up before 5 am and it is non-stop all day. And then…I have this whole blogging thing that I started. These posts get written in the middle of the night. Still, no regrets.
Pros of Working at Home
There are plenty of advantages of working at home. Many people dream of it! If I could do it all again, I would. Here are some of the best things about working at home:
- I get to stare at my little’s sweet face every day
- For every moment and milestone, I am present
- I get to work in my pajamas
- No childcare expenses
- Saving money on gas and wardrobe
- For the most part, I get to manage my schedule
- No office politics (unless you count toddler drama!)
Cons of Working at Home
Truth be told, it is not all sunshine and Goldfish Crackers. If you are considering working at home, you must evaluate the downside. Here are some of the worst things about working at home:
- The lack of adult conversation- unless your spouse also works at home, be prepared to spend your days talking about Disney characters as if they are real
- Working in your pajamas- Some days I go to the grocery store and the fellow shoppers must think I have just walked through a car wash with my clothes on
- If you are not well organized and disciplined, it can be disasterous!
How to Be a Mom Boss and Work at Home
I have this work-at-home teaching gig and I love it, but one does not ever get into teaching for the paycheck. One thing I have realized since becoming a parent is that kids are expensive! There is this steady of stream of money that just seeps out of my house for all of those kid-related expenses. And she is only a toddler. I can only imagine when she starts getting involved in extra-curricular activities and then there’s college!
Like many moms, I realized that I need a side hustle. Someday, I will work on monetizing this blog, but I have been doing research on other ways to generate additional income, as well. I have looked into working as a transcriptionist or an online tutor. Then, there are those great survey apps. Anything I can do to put a little extra aside for my daughter, I am going to try to rock it!
Does this side hustle idea sound familiar? Well, I have a great resource for you. Actually, a whole bundle of resources. You may have seen a lot of bloggers talk about these Ultimate Bundles. They are super awesome because for a short time you can get a ton of stuff for a super low price. However, this particular one spoke to me…for obvious reasons.
The Ultimate Work at Home Bundle
*The following contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosures page.
For six days only, everything you need (and then some) is in one fabulous package, for the most affordable price ever. This bundle includes 30 eBooks, 14 full eCourses, 4 printables, and 1 audiobook!
These top-quality resources cover everything you need to give you the skills and confidence to do fulfilling work, at your favorite place in the world…home.
You’ll get a complete library to help you:
- Identify your marketable skills
- Juggle your responsibilities and finally find work + life balance
- Manage your time efficiently (and never let anything fall through the cracks again)
- Avoid the most common pitfalls of the work-at-home lifestyle
- Understand the legal and financial implications of your business
- Discover the secrets to getting into the business that most appeals to you, whether it’s a wholesale product, service-based, handmade, transcription, becoming a VA, or any other number of opportunities
- and so much more…
Plus, it comes with over $500 worth of bonus offers from companies you’ll love.
Besides being so incredibly helpful, one of the things I like best about the bundle is the price. By offering it for a short time only, the team at Ultimate Bundles is able to give you access to over $2,300 worth of amazing products for a whopping 98% off. Your price is just $47!
Here’s how it works:
- Visit the website, take a quick look at all the goodness that comes in this package, then click the “Get my copy now!” button to go through their simple and secure 3-step checkout process.
- You’ll receive an email with a login to the online access portal, where you’ll begin downloading your eBooks, signing up for your eCourses, and redeeming your free bonus offers.
- Use the Getting Started Guide to pick the topic you want to tackle first. I am starting with these five:
- More in Less: 21 Productivity Hacks for Creatives by Hilary Sutton
- Project Management for Creatives: Principles to Simplify and Streamline Creative Work by Sarah Parsons
- Tell Your Time: How to Manage Your Schedule so You Can Live Free by Amy Lynn Andrews
- The Personal Productivity Handbook: A Step-by-Step Program to Supercharge Your Productivity by Paul Minors
- Work Less, Spend Less by Loralee Hutton
The most important detail, though, is that this bundle is available for just six days! After Monday night, June 12th, the sale ends and you’d have to buy all of these products individually.
Learn more or get your bundle HERE.
(Psst… the bundle goes away at 11:59pm Eastern on Monday, June 12th, so don’t wait!)
Do you want to work at home? What do you think about this Ultimate Bundle? Or if you already work at home, what do you think are the pros and cons? Please comment and share below!